RBC Structured Notes are created for investors who are interested in:
- The potential to earn a return greater than what is available from traditional investments with similar risks.
- Exposure to global equity markets with the potential for enhanced returns with a principal or partial principal guarantee.
- Exposure to foreign equity and commodity markets without the foreign currency risk.
- Exposure to global equity markets that are otherwise difficult to access.
- The ability to protect previous investment gains while maintaining exposure to equity or commodity markets.
RBC Structured Notes do provide regular fixed-payment cash flows, often in the form of Return of Capital payments. The Fixed Yield notes provide an above-market coupon, and usually offer partial or conditional principal protection at maturity.
Some RBC Structured Notes linked to equities and commodities include a guaranteed coupon or minimum return payable at maturity.
Purchasers of all RBC Structured Notes new issues receive either an Information Statement or a Prospectus with complete details of the offering. This information is also available within the Products section of the website.
Fees are included in some notes. All fees and commissions are clearly stated in the Information Statement or Prospectus.
Yes. Investors often sell Structured Notes prior to maturity in order to either lock in a profit or roll investments into a variety of new investments. Unless an Early Trading Charge is clearly defined in the documentation, there are no early close-out fees levied on the sale of an RBC Structured Note
RBC Dominion Securities is a market maker for all of its Structured Notes, which is posted daily. There are two common platforms to buy and sell notes, depending on the features of the note:
- FundSERV – a daily market (bid only) is available based on the Closing Bid Price, which is posted daily by RBC Dominion Securities.
- OTC – a two-way market is available continuously during exchange trading hours by contacting the RBC Dominion Securities Structured Notes Desk.